Orlando, “the city beautiful”, offers more than just theme park fun, the city is also home to unique wildlife, a rich museum culture, world-renowned architecture, and more.
Whether you’re traveling with kids-in-tow, planning a romantic getaway, meeting up with friends, or going solo, our travel guides have all the information you need to discover it all, right here in one place.
Things to do in Orlando, in between applying sun block:
What are some popular attractions to visit?
- Kennedy Space Center – Visit NASA’s launch complex, astronaut hall of fame, or see a rocket launch all just an hour from Orlando.
- ICON Orlando (formerly Coca-Cola Orlando Eye) – One of the newest attractions in Orlando and the largest observation wheel on the East Coast. You gotta check it out!
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort – Built for kids, the 150-acre interactive theme park offers more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, restaurants, shopping, and more.
- WonderWorks – This indoor amusement park is fun for all ages, with more than 100 interactive, hands-on exhibits that bring the unexplainable to life.
- Gatorland: The Alligator Capital of the World – Gatorland is a 110-acre theme park and wildlife preserve, combining Old Florida charm with exciting new exhibits and entertainment.
These are just a few. Want more fun ideas for things to do in Orlando? Head over here for more Orlando attractions to see during your trip.
How long are you visiting?
Whether you’re visiting Orlando for 24-hours or a long weekend, we’ve put together sample itineraries with the most popular things to do in the city.
From the most popular theme parks to all-around-town tours, these itineraries give you the best Orlando experience for the time that you have in the city.
- Orlando in a Day- sample itinerary
- 2 Days in Orlando -sample itinerary
- 3 Days in Orlando – sample itinerary
- more coming soon!
Who are you visiting with?
No matter who you’re traveling with, whether it’s a family vacation or more of an adult getaway, there are a ton of fun things to do in Orlando.
We’ve put together a list of top attractions and activities geared towards all travelers, from young kids to adults, to help plan your trip.
- Unternehmungen in Orlando mit Kindern zu tun
- Things to Do in Orlando with Teens
- Things to Do in Orlando for Adults
- more coming soon!
What type of activities interest you?
Whether you’re planning to exclusively visit theme parks or want nothing to do with them, our Orlando insiders have put together a few ‘best of’ lists to inspire and diversify your Orlando itinerary.
- Top Orlando Theme Parks
- Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Top Museums in Orlando
- Visiting Orlando on a budget
- more coming soon!
What parts of Orlando are you visiting?
Explore Orlando by neighborhood to make the most of your time sightseeing. We’ve highlighted a handful of top attractions and places to see by neighborhood in Orlando so you can maximize your time in each location.
When are you visiting?
Orlando is a top destination for travelers year-round and offers a different experience with each season and type of weather.
Check out our lists of things to do in the city throughout the year to make the most of your itinerary and experience unique, calendar-based events.
- Things to Do in Orlando in the Spring
- Things to Do in Orlando in the Summer
- Things to Do in Orlando in the Fall
- Things to Do in Orlando in the Winter
What’s the best way to get around?
Orlando is easy to navigate – it has the second largest public transportation system in the nation and there are tons of taxis and shared ride services available.
Car (recommended): renting a car is the most popular option for travelers. Most of Orlando’s attractions are near major thoroughfares and are easy to get to from I-4.
Public transportation: LYNX, Orlando’s comprehensive bus system, can get visitors to most areas in Orlando and beyond and LYMMMO is the free downtown circulator bus servicing the immediate downtown area.
Spitze: Hol dir das Gratis moovit App für Punkt-zu-Punkt-Tourenplanung und Echtzeit-Updates für U-Bahn- und Buslinien.
Taxis: taxis are typically available at major attractions and most hotels and shared ride services such as Uber and Lyft are widely available and easy to use.
Looking for more info? Check out our post on getting around Orlando for tourists.
Where should you stay?
There are plenty of great places to stay in the area. Below are a handful of hotel suggestions located near popular tourist attractions and fun things to do.
- Hilton Orlando
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Dr Conv Ctr
- Crestwood Suites of Orlando-Disney World
- Embassy Suites Orlando – Downtown
- Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Downtown
Where should you shop?
In between sightseeing, try and find time to pick up some souvenirs. Here are a few popular areas to get some shopping in.
- Florida Mall
- Orlando Premium Outlets
- International Drive Flea Market
- Winter Park Village
Make sure to check out all of the extra discounts and savings available on the Go Orlando Card.
Where to Eat
Go on a tour of Orlando’ foodie scene with our top picks for family-friendly places to eat in Orlando. We’ve included top picks for every appetite and attractions nearby so you can sightsee while you taste your way through Orlando’s culinary destinations. No judgement.
Fun Info from a Local
- Orlando is the Lightening Capital of America.
- Gatorland was the first theme park to open in Orlando.
- Lake Eola, and many other of Orlando’s lakes, is the result of an 80-foot deep sinkhole.
- Orlando’s official city nickname is City Beautiful.
Share your adventure with us!
Tag us when you upload photos from your trip to Instagram: @SmartDestinations or #GoCityCard.